Hot Corn Dip Served with Tortilla Chips

I first met this highly addictive dip in 2002, January I believe.  My dear friend, Karen, brought it to my house to enjoy while we watched the Super Bowl commercials (I’m not a sports fan….sorry).  I haven’t been the same since.  I dream about it, I make new recipes around it (yes, this is the dip that inspired my Southwestern Corn Quiche), I share it with all those I care about.  It’s really that good!  I’ve eaten many corn dips that are “cold”, surrounded by cold cheese and such, but please, don’t get me wrong, they are good too.  However, this dip takes it to the next 5 levels!  So if you are having a casual get together, please do yourself a favor and make this dip.  Your guests will swoon to your feet asking you for the recipe.  I must warn you that you will be asked to bring it to the next ten events that you attend!  This dip can be made one day ahead of time….even better, right!
First you will want to make sure that all your vegetables are chopped, your corn is thawed (if using frozen corn) and your cheese is grated.  In a 12″ skillet melt half your butter and saute all your vegetables, except for the corn.  Saute for about 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are nice and soft.  Season with salt and pepper.  Transfer vegetables to bowl.  In same skillet melt the remaining butter and saute the corn.  Salt and pepper to taste and saute for about 10-12 minutes.  Transfer to the bowl with the vegetables.
Mix all the vegetables together.  Let cool about 20 minutes.  Add your cheese, the mayonnaise and if you want a little extra kick, a sprinkle of cayene pepper.
Once all the ingredients have been stirred together place the mixture into your baking dish.
Top the dip with the remaining cheese.  At this point it can be refrigerated up to one day in advance, covered and refrigerated.  OR bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or so, until it is golden brown on top and bubbly. 
Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips and enjoy!  (This dip is very forgiving….I usually use a bit more cheese than called for).

0 nhận xét: