Asian Beef Tostadas

asian tostados
Please, don’t faint.  I know it has been a while since I have posted a new recipe.  Life has served up a big bowl of crazy for me lately….leaving my poor blog unattended and unloved.  But I am baaaack! I am back with an easy and delicious week night meal.  You can serve these as Asian Tostadas, or amp up the coleslaw and crumble the fried egg roll wrappers on top like a crouton and serve as a salad OR you could even use the small egg roll wrappers and bake them in mini muffin tins, then fill the mini wontons with the coleslaw and beef for a fun and hearty appetizer. I also love recipes like this one that use pre-made store bought items.  No one will ever know what little effort these fun Asian Beef Tostadas are to make.  All they will notice is the amazing flavors.
grill marinated steak
Let’s get started…. I have never used the Veri Veri Teriyaki marinade before, but I have to tell you I am SOLD!  I marinated my flank steak overnight.
Here is another little gem of a product.  This has to be the best Asian dressing I have found.  You can find it in the refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s.  Yummy!! While the flank steak is grilling toss together the Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette with the coleslaw and then toss in the cashews.  Set aside. Chop the cilantro and green onions. Fry up the egg roll wrappers and allow them to drain on paper towels. Let the flank steak rest for about 5 minutes. Cut the flank steak at a diagonal, against the grain into strips, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Assemble the tostadas by placing 1/4 of the coleslaw mixture onto the fried egg roll wrapper, top with the beef and garnish with the cilantro and green onions. I think you are going to like this fun, new dish!
spicy peanut vinaigrette

0 nhận xét: