Penne in Cream Sauce with Sausage


This may not look like much but this is one heavenly dish.
I do believe that about seven years ago this recipe was the most searched, downloaded and read recipe on Epicurious (my most favorite foodie website).  What’s not to love.  Cream, parmesean cheese, sausage.  Oh my, excuse me, but I do believe I am becoming weak in my knees.
You can lighten this up just a little by using spicy chicken sausage and half and half but just don’t skimp on using a good quality Parmesan cheese.  Here is to a quick and easy week night meal.  Manja!!

Oh, I know what you’re saying right now…..what, heavy cream?  Doesn’t she realize swim suit season is right around the corner?
Just remember, an indulgence every once in a while isn’t really so bad for you!!  Hey, we only live once!

Now in a large 12″ skillet add your garlic, chopped onions and your sausage.  I recommend hot Italian sausage, but if you’re not into spicy then use a mild or sweet.  The better quality your sausage, the better your sauce will be.

Once the sausage has browned, drain off any extra fat (we want all those calories to come from the cream :) )
Over medium high heat add the wine.  Stir until most has evaporated.

Now add in the tomatoes and cream.  I have to puree my tomatoes because of those pesky picky eaters in my house.

The recipe calls for Parmesan cheese but I like Grana Padano better.  Not as tangy and the husband likes it better.  I MUST please the king!
The recipe also calls for parsley, but I don’t like parsley and I am the cook.  It also suggests to put mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese mixed into the pasta and sauce.  I just like sprinkling the Grana Padano on top, and hey, I’m the cook.
It’s good being the cook!

0 nhận xét: